This is Yoga Stretching Exercise 1 in the 7 Yoga package – Asanas segment.
Frog Pose, Froggy Posture, Manduka Asana, Manduk Asan
The shape of this formation resembles a frog, so that’s why this asana is called Mandukasana. In sanskrit frog is called a manduk.
How to reach the stretch
- Sit in Vajrasana with both the legs bent in the rear.
- Keep both the paws of the legs touching each other. Keep both the heels opened out. Sit with waist and back straight supporting the buttocks on the two heels.
- Now separate the knees as far apart as possible. This is Manduk sitting.
- Now for Mandukasana bring both the knees in the front touching each other.
- Close both the fists of the hands and keep them on the belly on both the sides of the navel.
- Lower the body in front and let the forehead touch the ground.
How to release the stretch
Come back in first position and relax.
- Mandukasana improves functions of all organs. It is advised in the treatment of constipation, diabetes and digestive disorders.
- This asana is effective in reducing the weight of thighs,hips and the abdomen.
- This asana strengthens the lower parts of the loins.
- This asana increases sexual ability.It removes the defects of the reproductive system of women.
- This asana stimulates the digestive system.
- It benefits which Padmasana gives can be obtained from this asana also.
Not for the people who are suffering from peptic or duodenal ulcer, severe back pain and cardiac problem, and patients who have undergone abdominal surgery.